Monday, August 27, 2007

Coming Out of the Bloggin’ Closet

-Excerpts from myspace-

So, as some of you may or may not know, I have had a work blog for several weeks now. It is on our company's Microsoft portal (which oddly has a blogspot but the spell check doesn't recognize the word "blog") and is about as fun as a company-wide work blog can be. So after typing and promptly deleting expletives and non work-appropriate content, I have decided to branch out and start a blog here, without fear of the prying eyes of "the man"…because really…"the man" does not have a myspace.

The only problem with starting a casual blog after weeks of writing a professional blog is thinking of things to blog about. I am sure you don't want to hear about my status reports or projects that are behind schedule or my plans for newsletter stories.

I will start simple.

This is me. This is how I write. This is how I talk. I think that is the key to a good blog…writing like you talk. Nobody wants to read a well thought-out and constructed rambling on the ultimate meaning of my day. You want to hear the nitty gritty. You want to hear that I have had four diet cokes today and I am jonesing for another. Oh…you didn't want to hear that?

Um…I bowled an 83 last night!

First person to post the number of times I said the word "blog" in this blog gets 100 points!

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd GO!

No comments: