Monday, August 27, 2007

Emoticons Are Lacking

Feisty Friday is a tradition that I began with my little coworker corner and it has served us well. Friday comes around and we are a force to be reckoned with. We even snipe at each other and throw around some feisty name calling (“judgy,” “bitch” and the ever popular and mature “lameoface” are some of my favorites). I’m telling you…it can get ugly.

Feisty Friday came early this week…actually I’m not entirely sure that it ever left last week…and as a result I have found myself annoyed…A LOT!

Maybe it is just me and I am a raging bitch…but this happens to me fairly often. (And no boys…it isn’t because I am PMSing! Roar!) I need to work better at not letting things make me so mad. Like the word “color.” I spell it “color” because I was born and raised in the U.S. Had I been born to a nice British family in Northamptonshire I would spell it “colour,” but since I wasn’t--I don’t. I find it so incredibly irritating when American-born people decide that they need to add extra letters into their words to sound fancy.

This is what I have to say to these people:

Why don’t you go home to your mum and practise looking at your reflexion in the mirror and programme your brain to recognise that you are, in fact, an American and stop spelling cheque, trye and pyjamas wrong!

Arsehole!

1 comment:

Anna said...

This is one of my favourite (hee) topics. Even worse, I once had a coworker who would pronounce "especially" like "expecially," and no she was not 5 years old. Love the blog!
-Anna