Friday, December 21, 2007

Would You Rather…

gnaw off your own arm

or

go to your old high school’s choir alumni concert where you will have to hug people you didn’t even like in high school, be forced to sing with the kids, and bring all your friends and family to watch the side show?

Oh…I wish it was only a game...or that I actually had a choice. But it is not and I do not.

Tonight I WILL attend my alumni concert. My parents are forcing me.

“How can your parents force you to do anything? You are 26 for goodness sake,” you might say. And I would sheepishly “Bah” at you.

I don’t know how they have done it. But that have managed to get myself and at least eight other people to come to this humiliation extravaganza.

Don’t get me wrong. I was a total choir nerd in high school. I fully support the program by continuing to design their holiday CD every year, but I would rather not relive my glory years like the star high school quarterback who now pumps my gas and lives in his mom’s basement.

You see…in high school…I was kinda a “big deal.” And I would rather not live the legend…I’d rather just be me and look forward instead of look backward.

Well…I guess I got my wish…I am looking forward…to tonight…with dread.

3 comments:

Beverley Viljoen said...

was it as bad as you thought?

oh, and you LIED to me... you did NOT work on your portfolio.

Jonathan Beckett said...

Is there any video of you singing anywhere ? (even drunkenly on Singstar?)

Would like to hear it - talent like that fascinates me because I have the musical ability of a potato.

ashley said...

Beverley...it was just about that bad

Jonathan...fat chance...hit up Beverley she is the talented one :)