Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween…Take Two

I know that Halloween was here and has gone this year, but when Halloween falls on a stupid day like a Wednesday, the masked debauchery is likely to span both weekends before and after.

So I have Halloween party tonight and I am a little anxious about it…not for the normal reasons either. About a month ago (with lots of beer in us) boyfriend and I had the most brilliant costume idea. Discussing our plan we got giddy with excitement. This was truly the most original and funny costume ever.

Over the past month I have tried to keep the costume secret (for extra effect) but have needed to tell a few people, just to share our brilliance. These are some selected responses:

“That is kinda messed up”
“Are you sure want to do that?”
“You are going to HELL!”

So…um…yeah…the costume is a little blasphemous…a little persecutive…and apparently not that funny to my closest friends…oops. I can’t even bring myself to reveal what it is here for fear of death threats.

I just hope we don’t get beat down be an angry mob of zealots.

2 comments:

Beverley Viljoen said...

I thought it was funny. Does that mean I'm evil?

Jonathan Beckett said...

So the god bothering lot are getting uppity about it?

I wonder how many so called Christians are having anything at all to do with the pagan festival of Halloween?

I'm not religious at all, but it annoys the crap out of me when people start pointing and wagging their fingers in disapproval.

Before anybody says "ah, but it's All Hallows Eve" (meaning All Saints), that's because the Church hijacked it from the original pagan festival to try and subvert, divide and conquer.