- Stand with your back to a wall…that way you can see everyone who might come up and try to talk with you.
- Make sure to wear lots of jewelry so you have something to play with to look busy.
- When you can’t think of anything to say, just giggle and mumble a little…people will think you are talking but will be too polite to ask you to speak up when they think they can’t hear you over the party noise.
- Eye contact is dangerous…don’t do it…or else people will talk to you.
- Eat…a lot…it isn’t polite to talk with your mouth full.
- Find the one person you know and glom on…don’t let go.
- When all else fails…break into a almost jog and go in and out of doors like you are doing something super important.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Networking Tips for the Socially Stunted
Networking can be tricky business. Here are my simple steps to mediocre success in a social situation. Watch and learn: