Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

I awoke with a start as the pouring rain slammed my windowpane. A flash of lightning illuminated the clock on the wall…midnight…exactly.

As my sleepy eyes adjusted to the dark, a shadow materialized in the corner of my bedroom, its large and ominous shape silhouetted against the wall at the foot of my bed. I gasped and pulled my blankets up under my chin, as if that would protect me.

I felt the lump of panic rising in my throat. I looked for an escape…none to be found. I thought about screaming for help but my voice had inexplicably disappeared.

A strange crinkling noise marked each move closer and closer to me. And then it was upon me…taking all the air from my lungs. I gasped for a breath while its razor-sharp edge sliced small painful cuts across my knuckles.

As one more flash of lightning revealed my attacker’s face I shrieked in horror at…the biggest…to-do list…ever.

3 comments:

Beverley Viljoen said...

October sucks.

Unknown said...

Sounds scary big, take a day off work.. get a lot of it done! Work is poo.

:)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Like a total and utter geek, I started using BackPack on the internet (www.backpackit.com) because they let you make really nice to-do lists.

The only problem with all these techno-to-do-lists is you end up feeling like Rimmer in Red Dwarf - who spent so long devising the most incredible revision plan for this exams ever invented, he only had one day to actually revise.